Welspun to Make Sheets Using Louisville Bedding Construction
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/5/2009 12:00:00 AM
New York —
Welspun and Louisville Bedding have signed a licensing agreement under which Welspun will produce bed sheets using Lousville's patented Flexi-Fit construction.
Flexi-Fit was created by Louisville's Mike Seago, vp of development, when mattress sizes began ballooning. After experimenting with elastics, pockets and a variety of constructions, Seago developed a technology that helps sheets fit any size mattress, "from traditional to high-end pillow top," said Steve Elias, president and ceo, Louisville.
Louisville will continue to manufacture Flexi-Fit sheets under its Beautyrest license, but "the partnership with Welspun provides us an opportunity to expand our technology to the many new sheeting programs" Welspun is developing, he said.
Welspun will use Flexi-Fit as part of its new technologies initiatives, according to the company's Bob Hamilton, director of marketing.
"Flexi-Fit is a powerful addition to a series of propriety sheeting products that will be presented under several of Welspun's brands including, Christy, Nautica and Smart Ideas for bed and bath," Hamilton said.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...