WestPoint sales sag in June
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 9/11/2003 12:00:00 AM
West Point, GA — WestPoint Stevens, operating in bankruptcy since early in June, reported a loss for the month ended June 30 of $30.0 million, according to a filing with the federal Securities and Exchange Commission.
On an operating basis, the textiles giant actually recorded a modest operating profit of $3.4 million for the month. But tipping the balance sheet were $39.6 million in restructuring and goodwill impairment charges; $4.7 million in interest expense; Chapter 11 expenses of $6.5 million; and net miscellaneous expenses of $1.2 million.
Acting as a partial offset was an income-tax benefit of $16.8 million stemming from earlier losses.
Average gross margin for the month totaled 14.8 percent, weakening from the prior two months. For the entire second quarter, the company recorded a stronger 15.8 percent margin.
Now reporting results on a monthly basis while in bankruptcy, the major mill is expected to report July results later this month.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...