Spencer Enterprises recapitalized, Stewart becomes president
-- Home Textiles Today, 9/15/2009 12:08:00 PM
At the New York Market — Decorative pillow and soft window treatment company Spencer N. Enterprises Inc., has been recapitalized by Texas-based Ancor Capital Partners and 21st Century Group.
As of two weeks ago, the company’s new president is Joy Stewart, formerly vp-sales and marketing. She replaces Nancy Spencer, who remains a significant investor in the company and a member of the board of directors of the 10 year-old company. Stewart is also a member of the board.
“Nancy Spencer will not be going away anytime soon,” Spencer told HTT. “We have a lot invested in the business and because of that I am remaining here.”
Spencer Enterprises is also currently expanding its product assortment and updating its systems as part of this new effort. Decorative pillows remain the company’s core product offering, “but we’re rapidly expanding our window assortment,” Stewart said. Stewart has been with Spencer Enterprises for the last eight years heading sales and marketing. Earlier in her career, she spent 15 years at the now-defunct Mervyn’s, the last five as dmm.
“Spencer is a leader in their category, and the impressive partnership they have developed with their clients has enabled them to build the company to be one of the dominant players in the industry,” said J. Randall Keene, founding managing partner of Ancor Capital.
I have worked with Both nancy and joy since from early stages of the business. they are an excellent team and i wish them all the best.
Suresh Nair - 2010-08-12 11:17:21 EDT
I am delighted for Joy Could not happen to a more deserving and hard working merchant. The best is yet to come for Joy and Nancy.Stuart Braham - 2010-07-16 10:43:30 EDT
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...