Mohawk Industries to acquire Lees Carpet
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 7/21/2003 12:00:00 AM
Calhoun, GA — Mohawk Industries Inc. today announced it has entered an agreement with W. L. Ross & Co. to acquire the assets and assume certain liabilities of Lees Carpet, the carpet division of Burlington Industries Inc.
Ross has entered a binding bid to Burlington to purchase certain assets and assume certain liabilities of Burlington in connection with its emergence from bankruptcy. This bid includes a provision for Lees Carpet to be sold to Mohawk by Ross if it is successful in the auction process. The auction is scheduled for July 28, and a bankruptcy court hearing to approve the auction is scheduled for July 31.
Should Ross win the auction, the closing of Mohawk's purchase of Lees Carpet would be subject approval by the bankruptcy court overseeing Burlington's plan of reorganization.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...