Home Textiles Today - December 11, 2000
FORT MILL, SC -As it modernizes yarn spinning and consolidates some production at two of its bedding plants, a move affecting 320 workers, Springs Industries Inc. said it will record a $1.8 million charge against fourth-quarter profits, picking up the tab for a move that will eventually save the company about $2.2 million a year.
- Business Today
- Hunter Douglas forms new div.
- Kravet gets Laura Ashley license
- Shull replaces Kaul at Hanover
- Eatons reopens doors with downtown appeal
- Glenoit consolidates operations to NC
- Quaker Suede newest technology
- Pillowtex secures DIP financing
- Hanover replaces ceo Kaul with Shull
- Value City adds Kolberas vp, ceo
- Lands' End adds coo, but to lose three execs
- ROD INNOCENTI JOINS COVINGTON INDS.
- BlueLight.com acquires free Internet provider
- Pillowtex idles three NC plants
- USgift to supply Service Merch. site
- ITMAEF TO SPONSOR OPENING NIGHT RECEPTION
- HomeBase shifts to home fashions
- ATMI: Import growth slows slightly during record year
- Strouds taps Valone as new gmm
- Industry finds home at 230 Fifth Avenue
- Elrene to add Warren Kimble